Peer Reviews

Welcome back to my blog! Now that Shattered Bonds is completely filmed and edited, my group and I wanted opinions from people in our class. The first person we asked was Jack Lynch. Jack is very blunt and straight to the point, so I knew that his critiques we're going to be good but harsh. However his reaction to Shattered Bonds was the complete opposite. He told us that our movie was well put together. My group and I's main concern was whether the plot twist was clear or not, and he told us it was so that was a huge relief. During his peer review though he could not stop laughing, this was concerning because Shattered Bonds is a Murder Mystery not a comedy. I asked him why he was laughing so much and he said it was because of the acting. I will say there are some scenes where the acting isn't the best. I'm mainly talking about the scene where I screamed when I found out Olivia went missing. That scene was super funny to film and it took many tries. He ended up rating our movie an 8/10. The next person we had peer review Shattered Bonds was Emilia Petrillo. Emilia is very smart so having her look at Shattered Bonds was a huge benefit. She told us that Shattered Bonds was so good and that she really enjoyed watching it. The only tip she had editing the killing scene. This scene consisted of Kendall(Natalia) sneaking up behind Olivia(Jenna) and stabbing her. She told my group and I that the scene should be shortened a little bit to make the killing look more believable. To ensure the safety of my group mate Jenna, we used the back of a knife and didn't actually touch her. Due to the safety precautions we took, on the film it clearly showed that the knife didn't touch her and that she was perfectly okay. However when we shortened the clip slightly, it made her death much more realistic. Im glad that Emilia caught this because without her the killing scene would not have look as graphic or convincing as we wanted it to. Thanks for reading!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Research Blog

Editing - 1, Carleigh - 0

Intro Blog